Sunday, January 1

End of January 1; still good

As first days of the year go, I think this one was okay: I was permitted to stay in bed until 8 a.m. I was offered a Starbucks drink. We tried a new Mexican restaurant. The weather was much cooler and drier, thereby making my hair manageable. Sydney was entertained by her LeapPad and iPod, and I didn't here anything about doing something fun for her. Oliver and Daisy were lovebugs all day. My "Be Smarter" philosophy is working. I had a cooking conversation with my husband, during which he did not laugh at me once. I've declared war on the person who walks their big dog around the back of my building and doesn't pick up the big dog's big poops.
My list for the second day of the year isn't too bad, either. I need to take down all my Christmas decorations, pay rent, pay a couple bills, hit the grocery store, find a new pediatrician for Sydney, call State Farm about my cracked windshield, and find someplace to get my car inspected for Texas registration.
About that last one, I received an e-mail from the state of Arizona today reminding me that my auto registration will be up the end of the month. I obviously won't be paying them, but it did serve as a reminder that I need to get the car registered somewhere, and it might as well be in Texas. Texas requires a plethora of (or just two) tests, as well as an in-person registration at one of the county tax branches ... or something like that. Ugh. Something else cool for my list for January.
Also, there's a shop across the street that offers waxing and mani/pedis. As I said to Brian, "Wait. Eyebrows and a pedicure in the same place right across the street from my house?!?! Suddenly, my Tuesday is shaping up quite nicely!!" He vetoed, but I may sneak in there anyway.

No comments: