Wednesday, January 18

Thoughts about today

39: Brian suggested that we go out to dinner tonight because, as he said, "You don't turn almost 40 every day!" He's wrong. Every day this year, I am one day closer to 40. Every day I do turn almost 40. This is bothering me.
39: Sometimes, when shopping for jeans, a brutally honest guy can be just as good a fitting room critiquer as your own mom. Thank you, Berlin, for helping me get through one of my least favorite things, jeans shopping, so I can buy one of my favorite things, jeans.
39: I visited my local Barnes & Noble and spent the gift card I got from Santa Claus (Thanks Mom, for helping Santa!). Purchases: Tina Fey's Bossypants, Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games, and Deborah Harkness' A Discovery of Witches. My To-Be-Read Pile just doubled.
39: Birthday brownies taste, theoretically, as good as birthday cupcakes, but they just feel less celebratory. I should have found my closest Sprinkles.
39: I enjoy having a Starbucks first thing in the morning and one later as my nightcap. It makes for a happy Kimmie.
39: I wonder if it's too late to take up running. I'd have to be a treadmill runner since my knees are so bad, but I wonder if I can do it. How does one start running? Is there a method to this madness?
39: I've decided that when I turn 40, in less than a year, I'm going to be in the best health of my life. Achieving that will make being 40 worth it, I think. Project!!

No comments: