Monday, February 25

Who guessed Tilda Swinton to win?

I don't think I've ever done so badly on an Oscar ballot as I did last night. I got eight award categories correct. Brian got nine. Brian got nine. What kind of world is this, really, when Brian beats me at the Oscar ballot predictions? It's a world gone amok; that's what it is. Amok, amok, amok. So I stunk it up pretty badly, but I'm over it. On to next year.
So did any of you watch Jimmy Kimmel Live! after the show? Seriously, all it took was the Jon Stewart and Ben Affleck teaser to get me to tune in. And it was well worth it! "F*cking Ben Affleck" had me in frickin' stitches! I love it when celebrities have a sense of humor about themselves. It makes the whole fame game seem more like a good time, you know, different than so many others would have us believe. But I also think that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are exceptions to the rule in most cases.
And so the Oscars are over, and next year, I can try to see more than just one or two nominated films. Now that's a decent New Year's resolution ... a couple months after the fact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ZZZZZ - zzzzz - ZZZZZ