Friday, February 15

Blah, blah, blah, weather

I am, quite literally, sitting in my office freezing right now. I've actually got the hood up on my sweatshirt. My nose is cold. Even Oliver has left the room in order to stay warmer out in the hallway. Did I mention that I'm kinda liking it? We had real weather in Phoenix today, folks. Real weather: cloudy, cool breezes, rain. I rejoice that I had to turn on the heat this morning to keep Sydney and myself warm. Our fingers and toes were chilled. Yay February! Of course, this does not last long, as we should be experiencing temperatures in the 70s again in a few days.
So I was thinking about selling part of my considerable collection of Mary's Moo Moos on eBay. I had thought that I would circumvent the boring stuff by taking the box over to the "I Sold it on eBay" store nearby. That was a disappointing adventure. Did you know that if the potential value of a single item is less than $75, they won't bother with it? Now I know that these Moos are going for about $7 each on the site. I've got a box of about 100 of them. And the guy basically told me that my sale wasn't worth his time or effort. I'm at a loss now. What do I do with all these cows? I'd love to have a collector come by and say, "Hey, I'll give you $600 for the lot, and I promise to take good care of them." I suppose I'll just have to get off my butt and photograph them myself and see if I can do anything with them. Grr.
We watched Gone Baby Gone tonight. I'm bothered by it still. It's weighing heavy on my head and heart. Thank goodness we're going to go see Jumper tomorrow. I need something that'll be like gravy on my psyche.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trade ya my salt-n-pepper shakers for your moos.