Saturday, February 9

My other car is a space shuttle

I'm very excited this morning, my friends. It seems that the writers have reached a tentative deal with the studios to end the three-month strike that has crippled my television. Huzzah! According to a Writer's Guild memo, members are to meet today to discuss the terms, the ratification process and whether to end the strike. Again, huzzah! I can't wait to get new television!
However, it won't all happen overnight. The strike has lasted longer than anyone expected, and at a weird time for television schedules. Right now, some shows, should they get started right away on new episodes, could get as many as five or six new offerings before the end of the season, but that's assuming the networks are interested in cramming the new shows in. For some programs, a better bet may be to just call this season a loss and get started on the 2008-2009 season. This could be a better thing for fledgling shows, such as Chuck, which could use some time to get its momentum going again in searching for a larger audience. Other shows are leery of a shortened season due to storyline issues and the like. Me? I worry about Lost, of course, but have confidence that I won't get too screwed over by the peeps who make my favorites. Still, it'll take weeks for my television and DVR to become reacquainted with new episodes. Until then, I guess I'll just keep on keeping on. Yay TV!

No comments: