Tuesday, February 19

Mom's a flier

ITEM!: Here's my mother doing something fun, and totally and completely out of character for her to be doing, this weekend. She's paragliding, my peeps. And most oddly, I wasn't the person who had to talk her into it! She went out with a bunch of her gym friends into the desert, and hopped onto this little contraption and took flight! Ack! Seriously! How proud am I! All that bugs me is that I wasn't there to see it!
ITEM!: As has been announced in several outlets, Bluy-Ray has become the high-definition format of choice, beating out HD DVD for market dominance. Huzzah! And how funny that I just decided to cave and let Brian buy some Blu-Ray DVDs! I think it's because of me and my allowing of that purchase that finally said to HD DVD manufacturer, Toshiba, that they should just give up and let the other guy win. Look at us! We made the right decision!
ITEM!: ABC has announced the lineup for the new season of Dancing With the Stars. I gotta say, I'm pretty pleased that I recognize more names in this particular season. And I also can't tell if there are any outright ridiculous plugs for other ABC or Disney stuff. I'm sure there are, I just don't know who they are yet. So I know you're dying to know who up for the new season beneath the disco ball. Check them out: actress Shannon Elizabeth (Brian thinks she's hot), actor Steve Guttenberg (cool! Guttenberg's still alive!), Priscilla Presley (Elvis is totally rolling over right now); comedian Adam Corolla (the guy who's not Jimmy Kimmel), actress Marlee Matlin (the deaf actress!); tennis champ Monica Seles; illusionist Penn Jillette; R&B singer Mario; Miami Dolphins defensive player Jason Taylor; Tony Award-winner Marissa Jaret Winokur; figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi; and Chilean actor Cristián de la Fuente. The show returns March 17!

No comments: