Wednesday, September 8

Pumpkin/pumpkin spice is the name of the game

As far as Septembers go, this one is going okay. I figure that as long as the days are still in the single digits, I can still celebrate the month as a new one. I had wanted to get through one full month of postings, just a single month where I manage to post every night, and that has not happened, nor do I think it'll happen before the end of the year. I'm too late for September, I have out-of-town weekends in October and November, and December is December, meaning so much other stuff going on.
    So having given up on the posting-every-day goal for the month, I have grasped a new and more interesting and calorie-stuffed experience for September. Sydney and I have decided to taste every pumpkin and/or pumpkin spice item we come across this season. Duly noted, that is a whole lot of items. I've had three things so far: pumpkin scone, pumpkin tart, brownie/pumpkin poke. And irritatingly, of all of those things, Sydney hasn't tried any of them. She was all in when we discussed this initially, but since then, she's bailed on the tasting. So I've been tasting and tossing out the second half. I don't want to eat it all, per Weight Watchers, but to be committed to the experience, I do have to at least take a couple bites. All the better to have an intelligent opinion. I already have another item, and have yet to get my pumpkin spice latte, so there is a lot of ground yet to cover.
    What else? Oh yeah, I'm posting right now from my sofa in the living room in the early evening. I've decided that I need to start posting in the afternoons. Waiting until nighttime when I'm upstairs isn't working out too well lately. So for now, I'll be taking my posting to an earlier time slot.

No comments: