Monday, September 13

I'd like nachos again this week, please

I did have nachos the other day, and they were delicious. I was down a full pound last Friday, so that felt super good, and I totally celebrated with a plate full of chips covered in black beans and a ton of cheese. That may just become my cheat meal of choice, as everything else I eat can be enjoyed in moderation and still be within my points. I feel like the nachos are totally not that.
    Our Pumpkin/Pumpkin Spice Challenge is going well. We've tried a few more things: a pumpkin spice latte, a pumpkin tart and a pumpkin/brownie poke. I have no idea what a poke is, but it seems to be a kind of muffin? It's heavier than a cupcake, but that may have been the brownie in it. Anyway, Sprinkles has its pumpkin cupcake right now; we have a pumpkin whoopee pie on the counter downstairs; and I'm waiting for the pumpkin coffee I saw at AJ's to return. Also, Nothing Bundt Cakes has its pumpkin cake available for now. What I'm saying is that this Challenge is a commitment.
    For the first time in many weeks, Sydney and I don't have a single appointment in the afternoon at all this week. I hadn't thought too much about that until I realized it early this morning, and I gotta tell you, it's pretty awesome. It's like a carefree week that will only cost me my lunch money.

No comments: