Saturday, March 24

I'm old school; get me the CD

I'm plugged into my phone right now and listening to U2 through my ear buds. The song playing is "Dancing Barefoot," which is one of my faves.
It brings to thought a realization and irritation I've had recently, though. Usually, I buy the new U2 albums on CD and play them in my car on repeat until I know them front and back.
Last year, I asked for the new album, "Songs of Experience" specifically in CD form. Brian got me the iTunes gift card that I wanted, but not the CD. His thought process: "No one buys CDs anymore, and you can just listen to it off your phone through the auxiliary cable."
All that is absolutely true. But here's the problem: I never plug in my phone to listen to anything unless it is a specific song and instance. Beyond that, it's a bit too much of a random inconvenience for me to plug my phone into the car.
So here I am: I have the album I wanted on my phone, but I never listen to it.
And in the car, I'm listening to old U2, Maroon 5, Bruno Mars and Meghan Trainor on repeat because I like those CDs a whole lot.
I want to like the new U2 a whole lot, too, but the lack of availability is making it hard.
hashtag firstworldproblems

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I miss hearing the songs in the album order, but other than that, Pandora seems to scratch th e music itch pretty well. Sometimes we pop in a CD to enjoy at home, but we usually end up listening through youtube. Users have entire albums posted.