Friday, March 23

I mean, look at him; he's way hotter

I've got the movie Assassin's Creed playing in my bedroom right now, and I'm kinda watching it for the 1,000th time. It's not a terribly good movie. In fact, it's super disappointing for what a lover of the video game would have wanted. I am a lover of the video game. I think Brian only played one of the many Assassin's Creed games, but I dug it.
Actually, I won't lie to you, I think the main guy is pretty hot. He fulfills all my random badass dude fantasies, and is totally kickass in the game. So when Michael Fassbender was hired to play the main guy in the movie, I was pretty intrigued.
Intrigued enough to make Brian go see the flick with me the first weekend it opened. But I left the movie deflated and irritated. It's slow, and not doing much of anything. If it was meant to be an origin story, it fulfilled that, but to a boring and weird degree. The whole going back in time thing is convoluted, and in my opinion, it would have been better to just be the assassin in the older time period.
Fassbender is another matter entirely. I read an interview with him from the time and he admitted that he'd never even seen the game or played it at all before signing on. So I'm all, "Wait. You signed on for this slow, boring and convoluted movie without the excuse of already loving the game or protagonist?" Again. Weird.
I feel like I keep watching the movie hoping that maybe this time, it'll be better. Maybe this time, I'll see something in it that I hadn't seen before. Maybe this time, it'll be worth my time. But alas, I continue to be disappointed by it and its very dramatic music and close-ups.
I should start playing the games myself, just so I can spend time with the hot, adventurous assassin.

No comments: