Friday, July 25

Almost sang "Vogue," but resisted

I came to the realization today that my daughter is much more stylish than I am. She wore grey leggings with lace at the ankles, and a white tank covered by a blue and black leopard-print tank, with a short denim jacket. Some basic Old Navy flip flops. Also, a cool, black flower ring. Her hair was down with a single blue barrette in it. ... And she looked awesome. So fantastic, and so grown up. All I could think, every time she frickin' STRUCK A POSE today, was that I was definitely going to have my hands full of fashionista over the next several, several years.
So we did a bit of shopping. The gift card for a store paid for a leopard-print skirt, and a shirt with a sequin-decorated leopard face on it. She simply HAD to wear the entire outfit once we got home, and then added the lacy and decorative hair tie in a ponytail.
I'm so glad we managed to not find a Justice this morning, else I would have had a freak-out on my hands, since I refuse to pay regular retail at that store, and she would not have accepted that well.
Honestly, you guys, she struck a pose everywhere.

No comments: