Saturday, April 28

Baby update: six months

And because it is the biggest thing happening in our lives right now, I will break from the blog's "normal" content, and bring you an update on Sydney G., who is six months old today. I can't believe that she's getting so big. Time goes by so quickly, as everyone knows, but it just seems to kick into super fast forward with the kid. (Quite frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised that we all made it through these last several months in as good a shape as we are in.)
So how's she doing? She's a frickin' rock star, people. I love the kid so much it scares the hell out of me. What's she up to? Well, she's scooting around the floor like no one's business, and is, seriously, days away from crawling everywhere. She's got one tooth that's already erupted (that's how the dentists say it), and another one on the way. She's smiling and giggling at everything, and is really engaging with people. She and I are totally and completely in sync with each other, though we still have our rough days. She pulled herself up to standing for the first time a couple days ago. She loves to jump. Diaper changes are no longer as easy as they used to be, since she's such a little wiggle worm.
Right now, she's everything in the world, and if it gets better than this, I can't wait.

No comments: