Wednesday, April 4

I like typing the word "mouses"

My place of work is going to do me the kindness of ordering an ergonomic mouse for my computer. I've had wrist and finger issues over the last couple months, and while the symptoms are not specifically carpal tunnel, they're close enough to worry me.
And I've narrowed my issue down to the very clean, very low profile, very youthful mouse for my computer at work. I actually have the same mouse at home here, but I sit at this computer so infrequently, and for not long periods of time, that this particular mouse isn't a problem.
I've already fashioned a wrist support for work, but the mouse itself is cramping my fingers after too long a time. And I hadn't realized how much time I spent with the mouse until the cramping began. Two of my coworkers have ergonomic mouses, though one mouse came that way with the computer, and the other mouse was purchased with her own money.
I just asked my boss about it, and she said to just do some research on Amazon, and then send her the information. Sounds like, as long as my new mouse isn't $50 or something, I'll definitely get one.
And I won't lie, I'm kinda excited about using it. However, I still haven't checked out any mouses at the store, so I don't know what will be comfortable, and I really need to do that. I doubt I'll get to it tomorrow, as Brian and I are tackling taxes tomorrow, but it will definitely go on my weekend list.
Time to go write down "Can't Use Normal Computer Mouse Anymore" under the list of ways I know I'm getting older.

No comments: