Thursday, July 17

Really. I'd be super good at it

I hear that Brian has fallen asleep in front of The Jewel of the Nile downstairs. It's at the end of the movie, when all the people are chanting "Omar! Omar!" super loud at the big demonstration. And now that I've tuned in to what's playing down there, all I hear is Danny DeVito, a bit of Kathleen Turner, and a whole lot of movie extras. DeVito's got a really distinctive voice. I do enjoy this movie, but the "Omar!" is bugging me. I keep waiting for it to wake Brian, and then he'll change the channel. But what I'm pretty sure is going to happen, is that I'm going to finish this blog post, shut down and put the computer to bed, and then go downstairs and change the channel and turn down the volume myself.
Who at the movie channel offices decided that The Jewel of the Nile needed to be on rotation again? I'm fascinated by the thought process there. I want to be in those meetings. Do they have a brainstorming session once a month, where everyone brings in the title of their most obscure movie and they throw them all in a hat for a person picked at random to select? Because that would be cool. I would ask for Prince of Persia. (I will not explain myself for that.) Or Red Planet. How about The Italian Job, the first Hangover, and The Goonies? All good movies that should be considered.
p.s. I just checked HBO's Careers web site, and there's no listing for Awesome Person to Help Pick Obscure Movies. Damn.

No comments: