Friday, July 11

Read these books to buy those books

So, it turns out that the best way to get myself to crack a book on the Summer Reading List 2014 and start reading, is to tell myself that I am not allowed to buy any new books until these four are finished. Two of my authors have new books released this month, and I've been looking forward to them for several months. (I note such things on my calendar, because I'm a nerd.)
I've been carrying City of Bones up and down the stairs, and even back and forth to Las Vegas, for a few weeks. It's been collecting dust on the corner table downstairs for the past several days.
But realizing today that the new Macneal is in my Barnes & Noble right now, and that the new Harkness will be there next week, was too much for me. I started City of Bones this afternoon, and while I'm only a chapter and a half into it (my daughter loves to interrupt my reading, the punk), I think I will enjoy it and dig in quickly. In fact, I'm blogging early so I can settle in and read for a couple hours.
I forget, sometimes, how much I love to read. I'm excited to get started again, and the pile before me presents a nifty challenge. Do I dare give myself a time frame? Well, the fact that it's the Summer Reading List 2014 will be my time frame, I suppose. I'll shave that to being the end of August, instead of late September ... because I really want to read those new books.

No comments: