Saturday, July 26

And a happy Saturday, it was

ITEM!: I think that perhaps one of my favorite things ever is to be laying in bed, cozy in a blanket, and reading a book while Oliver snores and snuggles on my lap. It made me so happy to spend a couple hours like that this afternoon. Yes, I was permitted to start my book because Mom had other plans for the afternoon. I'm about halfway done with it now, and will probably finish it tomorrow after she leaves.
ITEM!: We are watching Brave right now. Mom had never seen it, and mentioned as much the last time she was here. I found it and recorded it a couple weeks ago for us to watch this weekend. She's pretty into it, and I had forgotten how fun and really good it was. What we're discovering is that it also is a quite loud movie, and I'm constantly turning down, and then turning up, the volume. I'm being ever vigilant. Anything for the love of Merida though, right?
ITEM!: Cooper ventured upstairs while we were at dinner, and happily kidnapped one of Mom's sandals, dragged it downstairs, and proceeded to gnaw on its kitten heel. Even more happily, this happened after Mom has spent the last three days falling into smitten with the monster, so he didn't get into too much trouble. The shoe will be fine.
ITEM!: We just spent the last 20 minutes outside watching the lightning storm, because we're dorks, but also because lightning storms are awesome. Admit it; you're jealous. You want to stand outside in the wind and watch the lightning, too.

No comments: