Monday, January 2

What is she, a six-topus?

I'm enjoying the look of my house de-Christmas-ified. I'd only spent about a month in the place before doing the decorating for the holiday, so seeing it without all the Santas, snowmen and reindeer is like being in the apartment for the first time. I've moved stuff around, reorganized other things, and shifted bits and pieces by an inch or two here and there. I imagine myself walking around the place randomly tomorrow, moving things, and walking around with things, trying to find the perfect spot for each.
Also, I finally unpackaged my Ursula doll, and she's sitting on my bookshelf. Frustratingly, she only has six tentacles. Who at Disney did that bit of fact checking? Did someone not notice? Or was it intentional? Couldn't they just charge us another two or three dollars for the doll and make it with the eight legs an evil octopus requires? ... Hmm. Oh, well. Even though having only six legs diminishes a little bit from Ursula's evil octopus-ness, she's still pretty awesome, and is doing a good job of guarding the bookshelf.
Also, I'm still trying to figure out the best places for my plants. Some seem incredibly happy with where they are. Others, not so much. It's a bizarre game of Musical Chairs for Plants that's existing in my home lately. Today, the large spath (-iphyllum) moved into my bedroom atop the armoire. (I am concerned that having two plants on the armoire is too much.) The smaller philodendron is now on the dresser in the guest room. And there needs to be another plant in Sydney's room. Actually, I think I need a couple more plants, but ones that won't grow arms and legs that have to hang. I need vertical plants. A new mission.

No comments: