Thursday, April 5

Just grrrr

Here's an update on the random annoyances in my life right now:
MICROWAVE -- A new one had to be ordered. They did not believe me when I called and said that it had died. I had to wait two days for the maintenance man to come by and 1.) open and close its door; 2.) press all the buttons and verify that none would beep; 3.) make sure it was plugged in; 4.) check the fuse box; and 5.) finally accede that, yes, the microwave had died. "It will be a few days though, since it's coming from the factory," he said. "Probably Monday."
PICTURE PEOPLE REPRINTS -- I returned the sheets that they sent me. If you can appreciate this, the technician doing the color correcting on the images got way, way, way too carried away with adding pink to them. I had to write extensive notes on the returned pages. "These pictures had a white background, not pink. Her skin coloring is way off, too," I wrote on one. "These are way too pink! She looks like a crazy plastic doll with her skin coloring so off. Please fix and send back to me!" I wrote on the other. Then, I called customer service so as to raise a flag that these images were coming back. Seriously, if the fresh ones look as bad as these did, I may cry.
DRESS FOR TARA'S WEDDING -- It occurred to me today that I don't have a decent dress to wear to Tara's wedding in a couple weeks. Of course, I haven't really gone through my closet yet, but I'm pretty sure that the perfect spring-time dress for a wedding is not in there. This is an annoyance only because it's a bitch to shop with Sydney. She doesn't quite grasp the concept of shopping yet, so is difficult to keep a handle on during these trips.
MY HUSBAND'S ALLERGIES ARE MAKING HIM SNORE LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN -- Really, there's nothing anyone can do about that for a while. Here's hoping that his nose will clear up though, so I can get some sleep.

No comments: