Monday, January 3

The Maguire viewings have begun

It's the third day of the year, and I'm writing out my second blog post of the year, and that is a good sign. Also a good sign: I got everything done this weekend that I wanted to get done. Tree is down and out of the house, and Sydney got a haircut. Done and done.
    Let's talk entertainment. We watched the second episode of "The Witcher" second season tonight, and I'm digging it a lot. What hasn't happened yet is a viewing of "The Book of Boba Fett," but we'll get to that. And my list of other series that need to be watched is growing, exponentially, and I'm not sure I'll be able to cross 'em all off my list. 
    Also today, Sydney and I watched "Spider-Man," starring Tobey Maguire. I did not enjoy the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movies, nor did I enjoy the Andrew Garfield versions, but Sydney and I are going to see "No Way Home" again this weekend, and we decided she needed the right background before seeing it the second time. I mean, she knows the stuff she knows, but she hadn't actually seen the films, so there is ... nuance? ... that she doesn't appreciate in "No Way Home." Having said that, I still am not enjoying the Maguire films. Nor will I find some unappreciated love of the Garfield movies, I don't think. But the plan is to watch each movie one night this week so she can be ready on Saturday.

No comments: