Sunday, February 2

Football is super cool

Well, that Super Bowl was ... less than interesting.
I'm just "super" glad that it wasn't the Patriots getting their asses handed to them in the year's biggest media event. Ouch. I had no stake in who won today's contest, though I would have liked to see Peyton Manning flip off the Colts owner with a win. But when I heard that this would be the Seahawks first Super Bowl win ever, I started to cheer for them. And when they completely dominated the team that kicked us in the butt a couple weeks ago, I started cheering for a shut-out.
Also, I'll tell you, watching my Facebook timeline get "super" quiet due to the silence of all the Broncos fans was a beautiful thing. It's all love, pics and capital letters until your team starts losing, right guys? But even with all that, I've been mum to all the people who gave me shit a couple weeks ago after our loss. It was a brutal game for a Broncos fan. I won't be piling on.
Still, I'm bothered that the one Seahawks fan on my feed, who hates the Patriots, got the win today.
I'm not vindictive at all, obviously.

No comments: