Thursday, July 19

Beach day = great day

I think I've officially fallen in love with Galveston. Our Family Adventure Day was a beach trip to Galveston today, and it was pretty awesome. We had no traffic on our trip down, found a good parking spot along the Seawall, and enjoyed some time sitting on the beach and hunting for shells. I won't lie to you, it was super warm and too humid. There was a breeze that was not refreshing, but it wasn't too terribly uncomfortable. The new Pleasure Pier is open, too. Sydney was pleased to see a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. there, so she chose that for lunch (Brian and I were hoping for something Galveston-y, but she was allowed to choose). We decided that ice cream was the best way to end the day, so stopped at Ben & Jerry's on our way back home. A couple scoops of strawberry in a waffle cup were just perfect.
And then we were home in plenty of time to get everyone showered before dinner. My kid is happy with her day; my husband is happy with his day; and I think I've fallen in love with Galveston. It may become one of my favorite destinations. But I'm not a huge fan of "summer" in Galveston. It's warm, and there's a lot of people (not so much on Thursday though; my good idea!). Day trips during the week are the ticket, that's for sure.
And weekends during the fall, winter and spring, I hope. I need to find a dog-friendly hotel.

No comments: