Friday, June 15

Give me my movies back!

The UNTHINKABLE has happened! Our cable company, Dave's Cable Company, has turned off our free premium movie channels! Suddenly, all I get is HBO (the one we actually pay for).
This is, simply put, unacceptable. Someone over at Dave's needs to get their ass back on square one, where there was a glitch in the system and we got all the paid-movie channels for nothing. Because this is ridiculous. To go from, like, 50 movie channels to only seven movie channels is depressing. It's cruel and unusual punishment for this entertainment junkie.
I miss Encore. I miss Cinemax. I miss Starz. And Brian was all, "Well, we had free channels for eight months. That was awesome." I'm like, "Let's call and complain that we don't get free channels anymore!" (Mom will understand the awesomeness of that...) And Brian says, "That's dumb. They'd just go ahead and charge us retroactively for all the channels. And we don't have another $100 a month to actually pay for them all." I say, "DAMN."
I knew I was addicted and dependent on them, but I was just hoping that the yahoos would never figure it out, or that we'd have them until we moved, and then I could soothe my lack of movies with being in a nicer apartment. Now, I'm in the same place with less diversionary things around me. But still! I want my movies back!

No comments: