Saturday, January 1

January!!

I am, literally, itching to take down my Christmas decorations. I feel like I've been pretty valiant so far in keeping them up until the beginning of January. A lot of that has to do with the fact that my tree is still very much alive. Usually, it's quite dead at this point, and the taking down of the decorations is preceded by the removal of the dead forestry in my living room. However, I don't like the idea of unfancifying the living tree. It's like stripping it before banishing it. The whole act leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
But this afternoon, I honestly feel quite antsy about the decorations. I wonder if I can do the decorations before the tree. I could, I suppose, but that just feels wrong. Weird. Off-putting. Fingernails on a chalkboard. Also, Brian and Sydney really don't want them down yet.
Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will assert my will on the holiday decorations. Tomorrow will be the day that the stuff comes down. And I'll feel better.

No comments: