Monday, March 1

Catch you on the flip side, DWTS

Dancing with the Stars announced its cast for the tenth season tonight. It is unimpressive. Like I just said on Amy's Facebook page, there is maybe a single "star," or two, who I am at all interested in seeing on the program.
I think I may need to bow out of the viewing of the show again.
Here are the stars that will be premiering on the show March 22:
* Evan Lysacek, Olympic gold medalist in men's figure skating. We just saw him struggling through a skating routine with snakes wrapped around his torso. Now, he'll be dancing.
* Pamela Anderson, actress. Wow. What, on earth, are those costume designers going to put on her?
* Chad Ochocinco, football player. I follow Ochocinco on Twitter, and find him to be funny, honest and sometimes funny. He and Lysacek are the stars I'd maybe like to see.
* Aiden Turner, required ABC soap star.
* Erin Andrews, ESPN broadcaster. Another bit of Disney nepotism.
* Shannen Doherty, actress. I prefer her on Charmed.
* Buzz Aldrin, really old former astronaut. He's, like, 80. I'm afraid he'd have a heart attack, honestly.
* Niecy Nash, actress.
* Nicole Scherzinger, a Pussycat Doll. I'm going to sound old right now, but the idea of a Pussycat Doll a bit offensive.
* Kate Gosselin, mom of eight.
* Jake Pavelka, former Bachelor.
This cast is bad, I think, for my head. There are too many people I don't care about, and too many I do know of, but am not interested in seeing on my television once a week. There's too much oddity here for me to get obsessive about it. Too much ... potentially upsetting crazy in one space. Yeah, I think I'll pass on this season.

No comments: