Tuesday, January 5

Does the seat EVER get comfortable?

Because Lisa and I are so on the same page:
I attended my first spinning class this morning. I did my best, staying on the bike for the entire class, and definitely getting sweaty. The instructor told me that it would take more than a month to get the leg strength needed to keep up with the whole class. I'll be interested to see if it does take me that long. I'm eager to go again on Thursday (yes, I'm sticking with it!).
And all of this before I got the e-mail from Lisa, telling me that I need to get my butt into the gym, because (according to my blog) I am obviously being too stationary, and that is why I have no energy. My favorite part of the e-mail: "Grab your iPod and get into the gym, girl!" Lisa has now taken the lead charge in being my motivation, and to whom I will be accountable, for my new exercise and fitness regime. As she said in closing the e-mail, "I'll be checking on you!"
This is exactly what I need. And I'm so much prouder of the entire situation today because I had already taken the initiative this morning! And then Lisa also took the initiative and sent me one of the most perfect e-mails ever! (What would have made it more perfect? If the subject line said something about her being able to see my ass spreading from her front yard or something.)
I'm also feeling a bit like I'm on a weird, telecommuting exercise team now. Like, I'm being watched, from far away, but still close enough so that I can get a quick get-motivated e-mail at a moment's notice. Someone's watching me now, my peeps, and it's a good thing!

No comments: