Thursday, June 18

Four for Thursday

1. I read somewhere, or heard it, that hot dogs give you headaches. Is there any truth to that? Even the Hebrew National hot dogs? Whether it's true, or I am just crazy susceptible to a suggestion of that sort, I have had a wicked headache ever since my lunchtime hot dog began its trail of digestion. I've certainly eaten since then, and have been drinking my fair share of water, but right now, at 9:13 p.m., my head is just starting to feel better. Still, I also pulled my bangs off my forehead about 20 minutes ago. And I just finished watching today's Burn Notice. Maybe the combination of the dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets, barrette and Michael Westen helped me through the last bits of cranial pounding. Yeah, that must be it. But to be on the safe side, I think I'll pass on finishing that last hot dog tomorrow. The experiment intrigues me, but I'm not strong enough to have the head pain two days in a row.
2. I am, already, SO over this "Bruno" character (on the cover of GQ? Posters? MTV Movie Awards?). Honestly, I do not get the appeal behind Sacha Baron Cohen and his ridiculous personalities. He's becoming as tiresome and predictable as Will Ferrell. I've been bugged by Cohen ever since Ali G., and he has failed to impress me since. Instead, I get more and more disgusted by his antics. In fact, I hate talking about him, except to tell you all how much I am bugged by him (even more than Beyonce, which is really saying something). That is all.
3. Also, tonight, I will announce my lack of interest in the new Late-Night Talk Show War. I was interested in Conan O'Brien's captaining The Tonight Show enough to watch the first two episodes. (I did not see Gwyneth Paltrow's shiny legs except in photos the following day.) I've never liked David Letterman. (And hopefully, the time spent on him and Sarah Palin will now be used better elsewhere.) My interest in Jimmy Kimmel runs to funny-ass music videos featuring Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. I'm never awake late enough to see Craig Ferguson. (Which, actually, I consider a shame, since I've heard such fantastic stuff about Ferguson.) And Jimmy Fallon still feels like a high school A/V project to me. So, consider me one of those people who has not changed my late-night viewing AT ALL because of Conan or the others. (Mom is though. She doesn't like Conan at all, so now lives life without Tonight. She is though, planning on tuning in to Jay Leno's primetime program this fall. I will not.) I will though, continue to pledge my devotion to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report.
4. I hear that "Jon & Kate" will be announcing their divorce on their show on Monday. Join me in a yawn anyone? I worry for the children, because who knows how messed up they already are. And so many accounts point to Kate as being the more crazy of the parents. As mother, she'll get custody, you can bet. Sad. Now, it's no better than a frickin' show about the mom of eight in SoCal. And the show? I'm sure, more of a train wreck than ever. I assume, I've never seen it. I make snap judgments based on copious tabloid and gossip news coverage.

No comments: