Friday, March 30

Half of a month's rent

Mom, Auntie Donna, Sydney and I spent the day at the Tempe Festival for the Arts today. I have to tell you: there was so much more worth buying at this fest than there was at the one in December! We got so much good stuff!
I am currently looking at a beautiful purple, hand-painted and blown vase that I got for the bedroom (this image is not the vase I bought, but a picture of a pretty one I found online). What else was worth buying? I got us a purple and green birdhouse in a cool shape; four ceiling fan pulls (a pink and a purple butterfly for Sydney's fan, and a Red Sox and ASU pull for the office); a very cool hanging cow thing for the kitchen; a light switch plate for Sydney's room; and a nifty painting for the guest bathroom that now needs to be framed.
Stuff that I didn't buy but wish I could justify: a very cool painting that I've completely fallen in love with, but can't bring myself to spend the money on; a ladybug bowl for our remote controls on the coffee table; and a handblown side table lamp. Those things I walked away from relatively easily. The painting is the only item I still really wish I could buy.

No comments: