Sunday, February 25

Red carpet observations

Let's just run with a stream of consciousness for the duration of the red carpet coverage, which is approximately 40 more minutes:
Rachel Weisz looks nice, but I agree that the necklace should have stayed home ... Leo looks great ... What is that on Cate Blanchett's shoulder? ... Brian and I watched Spike Lee's Levee documentary on HBO yesterday and today. I loved it and cried through it ... I'm loving the green on Celine Dion ... Isla Fisher is awesome; Sacha Baron Cohen is irritating ... Kirsten Dunst should have trimmed her bangs in the limo ... Anne Hathaway is one of those actresses that really bugs me. She doesn't seem to have a facial expression ... ARGH! Beyonce! Is there a single event that she won't go to? I don't get the hubbub about her! She must stay home every once in a while! ... Alan Arkin is cool, too ... (Short 10 minute break to tend to Sydney G., who, I fear, will not be too cooperative with my Oscar plans tonight.) ... Tell me that Kate Winslet isn't one of the most beautiful women on the carpet! I'm loving her! ... Nicole Kidman's got something on her shoulder, too. Is this a trend? Mom's got the perfect dress to run with it. ... Gwyneth Paltrow's dress has too many lines ... Eddie Murphy doesn't think that he'll win. I think he will, but on my ballot here at home, I'm going for the Alan Arkin upset ... Seacrest -- clearly -- has an issue with the bush that is keeping him from molesting the celebrities he's talking to. He's about ready to pull it out right there on live television ... Meryl Streep is being attacked by some dangerous and scary orange necklaces ... At least Seacrest can appreciate when the conversation dies and ends it right there. Others would drag it on and make our lives painful ... Clive Owen is hot ... Again, I must say that divorce agrees with Reese Witherspoon. She may be my favorite tonight ... The people texting in to E! can not spell ...
And at 6 p.m., my own coverage ends as well.

No comments: