Friday, February 9

Just a mouse click away

Do you remember that scene from The Net where Sandra Bullock's character, Angela, orders her pizza on the internet? I remember thinking, "Why would you do that when all you have to do is call?" Here I am, 10-something years later, about to tell you that I have done that, for the very first time. I ordered Papa John's the other night ... on the internet. (Besides the point, but relevant, I didn't really like it. No one's pan pizza can ever compare with Numero Uno's.)
I had to sign up for the site, create a password, give them all my information, and then, down to the important stuff, order the pizza. It was really kind of cool. You can select the dough, the toppings for the pie (or for half of it), order side dishes and the like, and pick your drinks. All on a nifty ordering page.
In watching The Net, I never thought that society ever would get to that point where everything can be done without talking to anyone. Is it progress that we have? Don't misunderstand, I am a huge proponent for not talking to people. People are a drag.
We had a pan pizza, half with pepperoni, and spicy wings, for $25, including a $2 tip. The internet is expensive, too.

No comments: