Tuesday, January 13

Published author ... scared and insecure

Holy crap, you guys. Kindle said I would have 24 hours to wait for the book to become public, but they lied. It's up there right now. What the hell do I do with that? It's like watching your baby take their first steps, and you have to watch through binoculars, and there's nothing you can do if they fall. Yeah, that's what it is.
I fully acknowledge that this thing may just crash and burn, but wouldn't it be interesting to have some people buy and read it? Random.
So, I guess we can knock off 2015's EXPECTATION #1. The book is published (CHECK), and now we can just let the cash start rolling in, right? Actually, Kindle sent me an e-mail with tips and tricks to help market the book once it's up there, so I'm eager to put some of those things into effect. But, you may ask, what's the title?
Well, I'm not going to tell you, because I'm totally scared that you'll all think it's dumb what I've done, and that it's a waste of time. Not very self-confident, obviously, but it is, what it is. Bizarre that my safe space has suddenly become very, very public, and that it's all my own fault. And that this exposure makes me afraid.
I'm thinking, "Why would anyone possibly care? Will I make them laugh? What the hell have I done?" So, I guess we'll see, right? Wow. I need a mocha.

No comments: