Wednesday, February 19

The three C's of today

[Editor's note: It's been so long since I posted something that I actually, truly, had to trim my fingernails so I'd be able to type properly.]
COOPER ~ We got a new puppy! His name is Cooper, and he's an 11-week-old Lhasa Apso. He's almost entirely black, with bits of white on his chin, his chest, on each of his feet, and just a little on his upper lip right below his nose. We are in the midst of potty training. I won't lie to you; I'm pissy about having to deal with puppy pee puddles so soon after doing it with another puppy just five short years ago. I'm missing my Daisy something fierce this week. Sure, Cooper rocks and we're all quite smitten. But I miss my girl. Still, this is about Cooper! He's really caught on quickly. I only get about one mistake a day over the last couple days, and we've only had him for a week as of tonight. He's sleeping quietly in his pen downstairs, and seems to be comfortable there. His options will open immensely when he goes out the doggy door every time, and also figures out how to go down the stairs. I see some physical growth (in mastering the stairs) as well as potty growth in the next few weeks, and he'll settle in perfectly. He's definitely been an experience so far, and he's super sweet. More tales to come, I'm sure.
COLD ~ Yes, the perfect time to add a new member of the family with when the matriarch of the family is feeling less than ideal. [Editor's note: That was sarcasm.] The cold hit me like a ton of bricks last week;  sunk in its talons; and still has not released me. I'm done. But tonight is yet another night for NyQuil. Tomorrow, surely, will be another day of relaxation and rejuvenation. I'm so over this. And also, bonus, we are almost completely out of kleenex in the house. I about threw a party when I discovered a mostly full box in the guest room. I do not like being in my 40s and getting a cold. They seem to be lasting much longer than they did in my 30s, and I am not used to being knocked out so thoroughly. I despise it. I want to feel better, damn it!
CRIPES ~ I kinda want the Olympics to be over so I can get back to my regularly scheduled programming, you know? Put the kid to bed; watch a show or two with Brian on the sofa; make my way upstairs to my bed; read the Internet; watch my stories; blog; go to bed at midnight. Not getting upstairs until 11 or so, and then being too tired because of my cold to post anything, has been a horrible drag. The Olympics are done with on Sunday, I believe. And this cold had better be gone by then, too, or I'm gonna start a fire or something.

No comments: