Wednesday, March 20

Pot pie preference vetted and approved

ITEM!: Well, I can tell I've become a fan of pot pies, because I now have a kind of pot pie I don't like as much. The smaller Marie Callender's chicken pot pie and turkey pot pie, good; the larger beef pot pie, not so much. It just didn't do as much for me as the others. And anything baked in pastry and filled with gravy has got to be good, right? Change in shopping preference: approved.
ITEM!: The Jetta is in good shape. I spent a portion of my morning at VW, getting the 60,000-mile service on the car, and all is well. There are a couple things that could be taken care of, but don't necessarily have to be taken care of, which bodes well for the current state of my checkbook, though it puts demands on it in the future. But, since the future is always in motion, things may be very different in six months or a year.
ITEM!: Brian and I finally got to watch Zero Dark Thirty, and we really enjoyed it. I finally get to mark some more Oscar movies off my list. My little queue is full to bursting with award-winning stuff, and I'll look forward to them dropping in my mailbox.
ITEM!: I tried a couple of my Nook books this morning at the dealership and realized something important: I don't have the brain to read fancy old books. Dracula starts off super slow, and I can't handle footnote and end note markers. They bug me. I can't even remember right now what bothered me about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but I couldn't even get past the first few pages. I'm in a vacuum of reading opportunities until next Tuesday when two of my fave authors release new books, and that is more than a little frightening. I feel kinda lost and without an arm or something, or like I'm anxious, because I don't have anything to read. This is bad.
ITEM!: I bought pizza rolls at the grocery store today. I'm not proud of it, but I bet they're gonna be delicious for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: