Sunday, July 1

I'm that dog mommy

My dogs are asleep under my chair right now. Do they have any idea how much that stresses me out? I live in constant fear of rolling over their tails, ears and legs. A squeal from them would haunt my dreams, and they don't even care. They just lay there, with their eyes closed. Oblivious to their potential peril, and to my inner turmoil. When I stop being at the computer, I always make a bunch of noise, and make a deal about closing down the laptop so they know that I'm getting ready to move. But Oliver ignores that, and instead, I have to contort my body to lean over to the side, without moving the chair, and ruffling his fur to let him know that it's time to move. And then I wait, until all manner of doggy hairness is far from the wheels of my chair before I move.
I'm in fear of an emergency happening, and my having to leap up out of the chair, and maybe hurting one of them.
"Okay, my boo, time to move."

Also, the Summer Olympics begin in a few weeks!! YAY!!

No comments: