Wednesday, July 25

Fine arts museum: UNCHECK!

So, number 247 on the "Don't Do With a Five-Year-Old" list: visit a fine arts museum.
We had hoped that taking the time to walk through the Natural Science Museum first would pave the way for a painless cruise through the Fine Arts Museum. Not at all the case. In fact, said child will follow you through the museum whining exciting things like:
"My legs are too tired to go one more step."
"Are we ready to leave yet?"
"I'm done here. Are you?"
"When do we go somewhere else?"
"This is not fun for me."
So, instead, Mom and I bought our admission to do naught but quickly wander through the museum, taking a second or two to look at a painting or two per room. And to plot our next visit to the museum, minus the child and on a school day.
Still, I did get to see a Monet. And the one Rembrandt. Also, I got a good look at one of my least favorite artworks, "Portrait of a Pouting Child."

No comments: