Monday, June 4

School's out for summer

The decision has been made to pull Sydney out of summer camp (that she doesn't want to do anyway), to save a bit on our expenses this summer. As we have already paid for this week, her summer of "fun things" begins next Monday. What I'm making myself busy with until then is creating a schedule, and making a list of things for us to have accomplished by the end of the summer break.
Activities include the park, library and swimming on Monday (all this is subject to change as I tweak and add activities); museum or zoo on Tuesday; movies and swimming on Wednesday; family adventure day (Brian's day off) on Thursday; and roller skating or ice skating and swimming on Friday. With this, the weekends a more open for stuff Brian and I want to do, and will, therefore, be more relaxing.
As for the Things to Learn list: tie shoes; dial Mommy's phone number; emergencies and 9-1-1; tell time; and something else I wrote down but don't remember. This list is, of course, incredibly fluid in regards to what to add to it, but the things themselves will be learned. Got any additional ideas? Let me know.
Sydney is so excited about the summer now. She can't stop talking about all the "fun things" we're going to do, and how much we're going to play. I'm pretty excited, too. I love spending that kind of time with her. Sadly, the Kimmie Time days are over for the season, but it's an easy trade.

No comments: