Friday, June 22

Love that man!

Today would have been my Gramps' 90th birthday. Because of that, I spent some time thinking about some of the things I wish for him, as he hangs out and watches us.
I'm sad that he didn't see Brian and I get married.
I'm more upset than I can ever tell you that he never had the chance to meet Sydney.
I'm glad that he didn't have to live through our losses of Howie, Auntie Donna and Grandma. I don't know if he'd have been able to handle all that.
I'm sad that he wasn't around to hug us while we dealt with all that.
I'm glad he didn't have to see how douchey and cunty my cousins became to my mom.
I'm sorry he missed out on all the newer stuff at Disneyland, and that he never saw California Adventure, and most especially that we never took him to Disney World.
I'm glad that Sydney loves vanilla so much, because it makes me think of him all the time, and it's a weird cosmic connection between them.
I wish I could be in charge of his Facebook. Also, I think he'd totally dig the blog.
I'm glad we had so much time.
I'm sorry we didn't have more time.

No comments: