Sunday, March 28

My new art is pretty ... ... wait, who's Art?

It's been a long time since I found something at the Tempe Festival of the Arts that I absolutely had to have. Today, I did. It's one of those cool painted windows, complete with the frame, containing an awesome little beach scene made of paint, broken glass, shells, rocks and some glitter. It's really quite fantastic. Of course, finding someplace to hang it was our (because Brian likes it, too) biggest issue. First, we thought, over the Cozy Chair, hanging in front of the window. That would have worked beautifully, if the one place I wanted to secure the hook had been an actual place to hang a hook.
Second spot I chose was in the hallway, over the plant stand. It is very visible from my bedroom, which is what I wanted, and I'm really happy with it right now. That place though, was taken by the Phoenix Art Museum's Monet piece. Monet had to be moved, and that is where the game really got intense.
Office? Hung it, tried it, hated it. Hallway? Hung it, maybe like it ... it's kinda big for that spot, and I think it'll do okay ... at least until Mom arrives in a couple weeks and "suggests" a new place. Mickey and Pluto had to be moved from the hallway into the office, which bothered Sydney just a little bit, but she got over it and decided that Mickey's new place was okay ... again, until Mom finds someplace better for it.
From my place here on the bed, I can see the new art, which I LOVE, and the Monet in the hall, which I am still getting used to in that space. Maybe tomorrow I'll have an epiphany about a difference place to put that one.

No comments: