Wednesday, January 6

And then, there were ideas

I think I can finally move forward on Assignment 8 for my writing class. I've been sitting on this one for a while, simply because it asks for three original story ideas for which I need to create a plot, and then find three magazines to which I should pitch them. The hitch in my get-along there was simply coming up with the three original ideas. Also, the motivation.
Tonight though, I finally sat my butt down and worked through my three original ideas. I'm actually pretty happy with them, and am looking forward to flushing them out a bit more tomorrow and finding the three potential publishers. Let's get this assignment in the mail on Friday, right?
It's weird for me, you know, when I'm deliberately avoiding something that I know I should do, but for whatever reason, am too intimidated to dive into tackling it. This TASK sits on my shoulders, whispers in my ear, and gives me butterflies consistently. TASK is unmerciful, and it doesn't sleep. But the cool thing about TASK is that, like right now, once I've got the first portion figured out, I can ease my mind a little, and set it on a different course. Right now, for example, my head is no longer preoccupied with finding the three ideas I don't think I have, but instead, forming the ideas behind the ideas, preparing them for presentation.
I won't lie, I'm breathing a lot better tonight. Not the least of which is that now, if Katy or Mom ask me, I can say that yes, I am still working on my writing course.

No comments: