Tuesday, October 13

Not my kid in this picture

Most kids are all, "I'm not sure what I want to be for Halloween." Most moms say, "Well, pick something." Most dads are sure to have a conversation with their wife before buying a costume for their kid, "So, what's she being for Halloween?" And most moms, again, say, "I've got it ordered/ it's been purchased/ she'll be ready."
Herein lies our issue for this Halloween season: Sydney now has two costumes. She and I went through catalogs and more catalogs, before finally settling on the frickin' adorable piggy costume. I ordered it; it was in stock and ready to ship. During this time, Brian visited the Pottery Barn Kids store, and picked up a different awesome costume, that of a jack o'lantern. She loved the "pumpkin costume" so much she wore it all afternoon, even to the grocery store. A couple hours later, she announced that she'd rather be a pig. Pumpkin already was minus its tags, which makes it an official purchase.
Today, the pig costume arrived. So cool! And she was so excited to wear it! I think it's a little small, weirdly, but it's comfortable, so that's all that matters to her.
Brian's all, "Which is she going to be?" I say, "We've got two awesome costumes that she loves. They'll both be made into whole ensembles, so she'll get to choose which one she wants to be before each event."
Halloween in my house is awesome, and can be either a bit bovine, or vegetarian.

Also, Chuck Liddell was sent packing from Dancing with the Stars tonight. That's okay, I decided. Sadly, though, that also means the end of his partner's tenure this season. I'd become very pleased to be watching Anna Trebunskaya toss around the most fantastic bitchy attitude!

No comments: