Friday, October 2

Men behaving ... like crazy men

Okay, not to put too bad a spin on the men in this post, but really, dudes in the news are making themselves look crazy lately.
Case #1: Jon Gosselin. I am trying so hard to stay away from this, since I don't watch the show, and can only comment on the hysteria that is the family's tabloid life. The entire thing is a train wreck, and yes, those poor kids are caught in the middle of it. ... I will say though, that for all the screaming about the kids being so caught in the middle, I've yet to ever see them on the cover of a magazine. As far as I can tell, they're just kids going through their parents' divorce (granted, cameras; but that's something they're very, very used to). And a divorce is something that a whole lot of other kids have dealt with. ... Anyway, back to Gosselin. Since he and Kate are divorcing, he's been fired from the show, which now will be called Kate Plus Eight. And since he's no longer on the show, and therefore not getting a paycheck, Gosselin has suddenly had an "epiphany" and decided that the show is not good for his kids, and that it should be shut down. Suspect, yes? What the hell? Dude. You're not even living in the same state as your kids, have no real income of your own to provide for them, and now want to deny your soon-to-be ex-wife her only means to a paycheck to feed, clothe and take care of your children? Dick move.
Case #2: David Letterman. I like Letterman. I don't watch the show, but I've found him to be somewhat amusing, fascinatingly bitchy to difficult guests (hello, Joaquin Phoenix!), and intelligent. And when I heard about his little extortion/sex scandal that broke yesterday, I was not at all surprised. Not that I expected that he would be the cheating and philandering type, but I certainly appreciate how he is a god in that studio, and several, several women would love to sleep with him. He's like a politician, but funnier. That he took advantage of that god-ness is icky and kinda creepy (judgment!), but I like how he stood up for his behavior and put the extortionist in handcuffs. It's a good thing that he is taking responsibility for his actions.
Case #3: Barack Obama. Am I awful in that I'm glad that the 2016 Summer Olympics are going to Rio de Janeiro instead of Chicago? Dude. You've got p-l-e-n-t-y of stuff to worry about right here, between our little shores. The last thing we need you doing is jaunting off to Denmark to give metaphorical blowjobs to the International Olympics Committee is hopes of bringing people to Chicago in seven years. Learn to share the spotlight, and for the time being, let the world figure stuff out without the United States' input and/or strong-arming.

No comments: