Tuesday, October 6

Honey Nut Cheerios are better!

I've made a small change to my Special K diet ... I am no longer eating the Special K cereal. I bought the larger, family-size box of the Special K: Red Berries cereal. I noticed that, once the cereal level reaches about half, all the berries are gone. The way the cereal settles in the box, all the berries seem to rise to the top and the flakes dominate the bottom portion of the container. This is bothersome. I've never liked flakes-only cereal. They're so ... vanilla that way. Without the berries, the cereal is, well, icky. So here's my change: I'm going to start eating my own yummy Honey Nut Cheerios as my one cereal meal. My thought process is that it's not the cereal itself that is the diet's catalyst, but the removal of all the other garbage in my normal eating practices that are the biggest problem. Having made that mental realization, I'm going to roll with eating the cereal that I like better. It makes the "cereal meal" much more appetizing.
Dancing with the Stars news: Our favorite Republican contender, Tom DeLay, is bowing out of the competition, due to the two stress fractures in his feet (one in each). I feel bad for Cheryl Burke, his partner, but I'm sure that she probably figured she'd be out of the running for the mirrorball trophy by now anyway. In an effort to be "fair," the show "honored" the fans' voting and judges' scoring by continuing with business as usual, and eliminating the lowest vote-getter, Debi Mazar. Sadly, this also means the end of another one of my favorite professionals, Maksim Chmerkovsky.

No comments: