Wednesday, June 17

The pronghorns were playful

It seems that, today, I have little more for you than vague comments here and there about nothing. So, can I find something just as good as the big ant sculpture photo?
Hey! I just thought of something kinda weird! Sydney and I hit the zoo this morning, and since it was a bit warm, I curtailed our visit to only The Arizona Trail ... and the carousel (which is a required portion of every trip to the zoo). Anyway, animals in The Arizona Trail include iguanas, snakes, frogs (including a blue dart frog, like the one in the picture), meerkats, owls, roadrunners, mountain lions, Golden eagles, peccaries, coyotes, Gila monsters, and pronghorns. We had a lovely time wandering the Trail, and found great joy in the meerkats, frogs and snakes in particular. So, la la la, our day at the zoo.
Cut to this afternoon and we're sitting down to watch Go, Diego, Go!, which coincidentally, is all about an iguana in the desert. The animals all around Diego's adventure were the exact same animals we saw at the zoo today: coyotes (which eat iguanas, I guess), roadrunners (which sing), mountain lions (which provide vocal back-up as well), and even the peccaries (which run alongside Diego when he's singing). I don't know about Sydney, but I found it great and a little creepy that the show was such a perfect complement to our morning at the zoo.

No comments: