Sunday, June 28

I prefer life in a flock

"Hello!"
"Hi."
"How are you?"
"Exhausted. You?" She yawns, and doesn't even get the answer.

That is what a conversation between myself and someone nice would be like if they asked me how I was feeling right now. I'm sitting here in my chair, in front of Crocodile Dundee II, blogging, simply because to get up from the chair and get ready for bed would take too much energy. I'm really just an Internet crash and blanket flip away from falling asleep right here, with nothing but the dulcet tones of Paul Hogan to soothe me into my dreams.
I had a wonderful weekend, complete with a ton of time spent with, not only my dearest Pinecresters, but the lovely Lisa as well. I had a fantastically social couple of days, as did my husband and child. Again, I'm exhausted. And also, kinda irritated, because of my exhaustion. Seriously, spending a weekend doing stuff with my friends should not be such an anomaly ... such an occasion ... that I would be so tired at the end of it. Chilling with Lisa and drinking with the Pinecrest group used to be part of my weekly agenda. It used to be something I could count on ... not have to plan for. I whine, quite a bit, when faced with the thought of weeks between visits with the girls and guys.
As we left Vince and Tania's wedding, driving to the reception, Brian smiled at me and said, "You've got that attitude right now. That way about you when you're with your friends."
I said, "Yeah, I know. I'm happy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.