Thursday, June 4

"Burn Notice" is pretty awesome

Did I mention that one of my favorite TV shows is premiering its third season tonight? I know. I did last week, but not recently. I remembered though, and am so happy to have watched it this evening!
What a lovely couple of days I just spent with my mommy! We had a quick errand to complete at Grandma's house, but then just took advantage of the opportunity to hang out together. Lots of yummy food, bitching and kvetching about the "family issues," and some looking at pictures all helped make it a cathartic and zen-like visit. I always hate dropping her off at the airport though. Because now, it's not just me missing her, but that little voice from the backseat saying bye to Grandma the entire way back to our house, asking where she is, suggesting that we go get her, and wondering about Clyde. It's really cute, of course, but still makes me feel bad. But again, of course, I can say to her, "Well, we'll see Grandma and Clyde next week!"
Next week is looking pretty awesome though. Did I tell you why I'm going out to California? My niece, Ashlee, is graduating from high school a week from tomorrow. Honestly, this makes me feel quite old, because I remember that she was at my graduation (from the same high school, too!), though she was only a couple months old at the time. You know what that means, right? I'm two high-school-graduates old. Ugh. It'll be the first time I'll have the chance to wander around the campus, too, since I left it all those years ago. WEIRD!!

No comments: