Wednesday, July 16

I love books

I finished another book on my "Summer Reading List 2008" last night. Actually, it was very early this morning, if you want to get technical about it. I closed the cover on The Alibi Club at 12:45 a.m., and it was a satisfying read.
Now, I'm not sure which fresh spine to crack next: I've got another thriller, a romance, and a fictional vampire read that's been sitting in the pile for more than a year. I'll tell you though, my promise to not buy any other books until I've finished these is beginning to weigh on me something wicked. Seriously, we drove past a Barnes & Noble last week, and I swear, I felt a tug at my very soul to go in. But I didn't, because I made a deal with myself, my blog, and my peeps. You know what makes it even worse though, is that I've got a couple gift cards for Borders. And what's even worse than that, is that when I can't buy books for myself, I buy them for my kid. Her library has swelled lately, simply because I can't go too long without picking up some kind of reading material.
But as I write this, I'm thinking that maybe I could go out and get some new books. I wouldn't read them before the others are done, you know. So it's kind of like not getting them until the others have been read, right? That makes it okay to go out and get my fix, right? You'll still love me if I do, won't you? It won't take me long to finish off these last three, will it? I don't really have to wait, do I?

UPDATE: Okay, frickin' creepy! I finished writing this post, closed out of my account, then checked my e-mail and found a 30 percent off Borders coupon in my e-mail inbox! How wild is that?! Now, I get it! It's fate, destiny or a call from my angels! I simply must go buy more books this week!

No comments: