Sunday, March 4

Not too taxing

I've been pulling together all the stuff we need for our taxes this year. In so doing, I've discovered that there is a lot more to deductions than I ever thought there was. This is our first year filing a "long form," thanks to the kid, so there's a lot more to what I needed to send to the accountant. Color me naive about the whole thing, but I guess, up until now, Brian's and my taxes have been really simple to do.
With Sydney and a long form though, I can add all the health insurance, and hospital and doctor bills from her birth; and because of Brian's job, we can include all his licensing fees and association memberships. Oh yeah, and the moving expenses, and my donations to Goodwill prior to that.
I was a little nervous that we'd get bent over this year because I had some freelance pay that we'd get taxed for after the fact. We usually get really healthy returns because of Brian's loans, so I was actually hoping that we would break even. But with all the stuff that I've been faxing to Mom to add to my pile for Frank, I'm feeling quite optimistic.

No comments: