Saturday, March 24

Does he even know me at all?

So I'm all, "Hey, I bought some frosting to go on the angel food cake mix you bought a couple weeks ago. I thought I'd make the cake tomorrow."
He looks at me kinda funky. "What for? Can't we just eat the cake?"
My eyes, I'm sure, bulge out a little. "What do you mean 'just the cake'? You want to eat cake with no frosting on it?"
His face takes on a somewhat pitiful expression. "It never occurs to you to ever eat cake without frosting, does it?"
I become more confused. "Why would you ever want to eat cake without frosting? What fun is that?"

Really. Does anyone know the enjoyment in cake without frosting? I can't come up with a single instance where cake without frosting is appropriate. Without frosting, it's just a slab of moist, squishiness. The frosting holds it all together. Eating cake without frosting ... that's just wrong.

No comments: