Saturday, February 10

It takes up the whole wall

There's a new member of our family, and it is a 47-inch, flat-screen, LCD television. Yep, I've allowed it, and there is a super-big new TV in my house. I won't lie to you, I totally love having a new TV. We've redone our living room, moving the TV stand and DVD rack, and there seems to be more room. A couple things that we didn't know when buying this television: without an HD box, the picture is a bit pixelated, but not too bad; the manufacturer doesn't cooperate with Cox, so our universal remote isn't that universal anymore; and a regular show is stretched out to fill up the whole widescreen, so everyone's got a bit of a stretchy face. I can't wait to watch Buffy on it Monday morning.
A new TV in the living room pushes the old TV into the bedroom, and that room's TV into storage. I don't like the old living room TV in the bedroom -- it's simply too big. I like my television to be as discreet as possible in the bedroom. That room, that entire space, needs to be a tranquil spot, a calming area, and a serene space. It isn't that with a TV taking up a prominent place. It's now a room with a bed on one wall and a TV on the other. My plan is to get another smaller flat-screen for the bedroom, and either sell the old living-room TV, or save it for the playroom in our next house.

No comments: