Wednesday, January 17

Pants are good for you

Who of you out there are reading the fabulous Traveling Pants books? I know that Pamela and Sarah have read them, as they read my copies, but I wonder who else is a fan?
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, books 1 through 4, are well written, and I highly recommend them! When I saw the title of the first book, noted above, I was intrigued, as anyone would be having read it. I was even more pleased when I discovered that the book was actually good.
Four lifelong friends -- Bridget, Tibby, Carmen and Lena -- find a pair of "magic" pants that fits all four of their different and distinctive body types, thereby giving them an increased sense of confidence and togetherness going into their first summer apart. That summer is a life-changing one, and their adventures made me laugh and cry. The second, third and fourth books follow their subsequent summers (The Second Summer of the Sisterhood, Girls in Pants and Forever in Blue, respectively). The fourth book just came out last week, and it is said that this will be the last we'll read about the girls. While that is, of course, a bit disappointing, I like a sense of finality with a book series. I started Forever in Blue last night, and look forward to powering through the rest of it today and tonight.
(Check me out! I'm reading again!!)

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Always ahead of the curve!

As mentioned in my emails, I am slowly making my way through Forever Blue. I am forcing myself to not stay up until 3 am when my sobbing then wakes the household, this time around.

THANKS FOR THE LOAN!

PC