Wednesday, May 16

We need a plumber at work, STAT

There's a methane leak or something gross going on in the ladies room at my work. The restrooms are outside the office, and in the lobby. It's a nice walk to head out there and go potty. But lately... lately ...
It's been kinda scary. There's a terrible smell emanating from the drain in the floor of the restroom. It's a sewage/stinky/gross smell. And it's pungent. Cheryl swears that she smells like it at the end of the day. It's one of those gassy smells that makes you hurry in and out of the bathroom for fear of passing out from the noxious fumes. I swear, I'm usually a take-your-time-away-from-the-desk girl, but this is making me hustle in and out.
And it's been like this for about a week.
On Monday, it was worse. I stopped into my boss's office to ask her if she'd been in the restroom yet that day. She had, but didn't think it was too bad. I said, "Well, I think it's worse than it was on Friday." She said she'd send another email (I guess she sent one last week. I don't think I've ever had a boss so loathe to do some simple things to make the working environment better).
Yesterday, nothing.
This morning, still nothing, but Cheryl made me go to the bathroom upstairs. Which is better because it's steps and that's exercise. Also, it smells better in there. But, it's also super colder in there than anywhere else in the building.
This afternoon though, there is activity afoot in the restroom. Banging and pipe noises, and the door is being held open. I am optimistic.
Because I drink a lot of water and iced tea and I pee a lot.

No comments: